I need help with one sheath please....

• Hello guys.

I'm looking for a sheath for a big knife, I don't want to use Kydex or leather, I will like to go with the classics like Eagle Industries, Spec Ops or BlackHawk.

Some examples:
    http://www.blackhawk.com/produ…Knife-Sheath,821,1376.htm
    http://www.specopsbrand.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=68
    Eagle Industries makes the sheaths for Strider big blades.

So, the question is: is there any one in Germany that can make something for me like this?

Thanks for any help.

:thumbup:

• today i bought the blackhawk-sheath (small) for my fox pro hunter. the sheath fits very well and it is very flexible to wear.

but i don´t know anyone in germany who is able to built such a sheath.

why don´t you buy a blackhwak ? is it too small for your knife ?

Jörg

• Yes, kind of small that is the problem, so what I wanted to do was send the knife and have it made a sheath...

Blackhawk are cool, congrats.

Thanks for your comments any way.

• i guess it´ll be for one of your hortons or one of your busses.... i guess with those pre-made sheaths you´ll have a problem with the stock thickness, usually they´re made for blades up to .25" thickness, but hortons & busses are often around .32". but back to the original question: i don´t know any sheathmaker for nylon sheaths in germany. actually i think in germany there are not so many people intrested in nylon sheaths for custom knives, so noone builds them.

• In the recent Messermagazin is an article about this kind of sheath. Manufacturers that were reviewed and that might have a sheath for you were Blackhawk, Mercworx, Spec-Ops and Tac-Concept. The thickness of the blade might be the biggest issue. If you'd tell me measurements of your knife, I'd look up the possible candidates for you if that is any help.

Carsten

"It is useless for sheep to pass resolutions for vegetarianism, as long as the wolves remain of a different opinion." William Ralph Inge

• Thanks for your posts guys.

I have talked to a friend in the US and hes is going to make them for me.
    I know Kydex is the new wave but some times Kydex does not work.

Thanks again.

• Mind you, these do have kydex inserts.

Wer seine Waffen zu Pflugscharen schmiedet, der wird für jene pflügen, die dies nicht getan haben.

“We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” -- Ronald Reagan

• Mind you, these do have kydex inserts.

Yes some is Kydex inserts some is cheap plastic :bibber: but what I meant is the caring thing, like strap it to your leg or carry other knife or folder knife on top of that, put a mole holder for a harness and all of that.

I think this is like wine, you like it or you don't... :D

I have nothing against Kydex, is the other way around , 80% of my knives have Kydex sheaths, but I will like to have the Kydex and a nylon as well, for some knives. I'm just looking for some o'l classy look :thumbup:

• I built a leg rig ..... look here.

ChriBo´s Busse Jackhammer hat jetzt ein Dropleg-Setup!

Wer seine Waffen zu Pflugscharen schmiedet, der wird für jene pflügen, die dies nicht getan haben.

“We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” -- Ronald Reagan

• You see... you love the stuff as well :thumbup:

Cool rig man! cool in deed... :thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!