Benchmade Skirmish

• Does anyone else love the Benchmade Skirmish ?
    I have 4 at home, 3 large one and a mini Skirmish are still in the USA. Does anyone here have a nice collection ?

~~ De Inimico Non Loquaris Sed Cogites ~~

• A large Skirmish with that design! :surprise:
    Who made it for you? Neil Blackwood? Benchmade?
    Pure envy :cursing:

Congratulations :thumbup:

Nope, it's a custom job by Jeff Carte (also known as The Sun on USN). I will be posting pic's really soon I hope.
    The pic's I have so for (those handles are still not finished) are these :

• It's a beautiful work!
    Did he use a complete original Skirmish and pimped it, or is the handle new?
    If the handle is new, is the material titanium, too?

It's an original Skirmish he used. The titanium side as you see on the picture was completely removed and replaced by handmade glass-fibre reinforced two-tone Micarta. The titanium lock-side of the knife will have the same Micarta, but it will be on top of the titanium.
    So, it will be sort of a linerlock when he is done I guess.
    Hope to post pic's soon so you can see for yourself ;)

• Just got the pic's from Nick Rossi (Rossi Knives). He did a regrind and hand-polish on my Mini-Skirmish.

Before :

And after :

• Very nice....
    I saw the first picture and thought, well, that doesn't look much like a refinish to me, but the "after" pics are below ^^

I've got the same Mini Skirmish, and it's one of the most elegant production folders on the market....BM Gold Class models are even better but they are so overpriced and i don't like to spend big money on small knives....

Das Leben ist zu kurz für schlechte Scheiden.

• Received the mini-Skirmish today, so I decided to take some more of it together with the other Skirmishes I have. Also messed around a bit with Photoshop just for fun.

And now for something completely different...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!