New version of the Direware Solo-V1 (pic-heavy !)

• Hey guys,

I just received a really nice package from Fedex : the latest and greatest version of the Direware Solo-V1 ! I believe this is the first knife in this new setup, so I have taken some pic's for you all so you can see the changes.

Some specs :

OPEN LENGTH : 8.40 inches (= 21,3cm)
    BLADE LENGTH : 3.30 inches (= 8,4 cm)
    CLOSED LENGTH : 5.10 inches (= 13cm)
    BLADE DEPTH : 1.80 inches (= 4,6cm)
    BLADE THICKNESS : .187 inches (= 0,5cm)
    BLADE MATERIALS : CPM - S35VN
    HANDLE FRAME : Carbon Fiber
    HANDLE FRAME LOCK SIDE : 6AL-4V Titanium
    TITANIUM FRAME FINISHES : Anodized Bronze Tumbled
    BLADE FINISHES : Dark Tumbled

So, what has changed in the design ?

- Added jimping on the top of the blade :

- Improved deeper carry clip :

- Thumbstud blade stop instead of stop-pin :

- Added standoff for even more strength. Eric was able to do this because the stoppin is no longer "in the way" :

- Improved Dark Tumble finish :

Here are also some old vs. new pic's :

Old :

New :

Some more shots (because, well....why not ?) :

Thanks again Eric for an awesome job

I hope you enjoyed these pic's, feel free to comment !

~~ De Inimico Non Loquaris Sed Cogites ~~

• wow, interesting design and looks real heavy duty! But it also looks heavy, can you talk about the weight?

Honey, I can't go to bed yet - somebody on the internet is wrong!!

• wow, interesting design and looks real heavy duty! But it also looks heavy, can you talk about the weight?

I don't have an accurate scale, so I can't tell you how much it weighs exactly. I have been carrying it now for an hour and it's pretty comfortable.
    That being said, people can be very picky about knives being too heavy so I guess it depends on your preferences.
    It also comes with a pouch so you can carry it on your belt if you want to.

I'm diggin it. How long did you wait?

Thanks ! I had to wait 3 weeks, but that was because of certain circumstances. I think his normal waiting period is something like 3 months.

• I didn't want to turn it into an discussion if weight is good or bad-- I am just curious.
    My actual preferences tend towards small fixed blade knifes but I appreciate this exceptional design.
    I just have been asking myself if it's heavier than a ZT30x Series knife.

• I didn't want to turn it into an discussion if weight is good or bad-- I am just curious.
    My actual preferences tend towards small fixed blade knifes but I appreciate this exceptional design.
    I just have been asking myself if it's heavier than a ZT30x Series knife.

Well it feels about the same in weight actually. But again, I can't say in grams, just by holding them both.
    The ZT0300 is just a couple of mm longer then the Solo, but the Solo is a lot thicker then the ZT.
    Just for you some comparison photo's my friend ;)

• wow, didn't think the Direware was sooo much thicker. Thank you for the nice comparison-photos!

• I simply love Direwire and their designs! As beefy as a knife can propably get...

This one is definately on my : 'damn I need this' list.

Enjoy this great knife with this nice new setup.

Regards,
    B.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!