Fotogallery: MSC und DDC

• Eins der beiden "Heiligen": DDC "Devout" SNG Custom. (devout=fromm/gottesfürchtig/streng gläubig)
    Der Stahl ist ultraharter und zäher CPM Vimcru20. Strider hatte eine kleine Charge, es ist ein Werkzeugstahl der für die Kugellager in der Rampe/Raupe gemacht wurden, die das Spaceshuttle nach draußen fährt. Kein Witz, im USN gibts nen Thread in dem Mick es selbst sagt, aus einem Lager bekommen sie zwei SNG Klingen, es gibt eine handvoll, mehr nicht und es wird auch keine mehr geben. Auch ist wohl die Härtebehandlung schwierig. Viel geredet, hier ist das "Devout"

Gruß
    Steffen

• Sehr geiles Messer :thumbup:
    Wirst du das auch benutzen , wenn ja würden mich die Erfahrungen mit dem Stahl interessieren ( Nachschärfbarkeit , Schnitthaltigkeit ).
    Viel Spass damit !!

• Danke, ne werde es nicht benutzen, es muss zu Gunsten eines weiteren Emerson Customs sogar gehen. Ich hab das Foto also im Rahmen eines Verkaufs/Tauschs gemacht und dachte es wäre ja schade es nicht nochmal hier in der Galerie zu zeigen ;)

Gruß
    Steffen

• The smoothness, the details, the hollow grind, the orange peel, two tone finish, sharpness, new lock face, you name it, it's perfect all the way.

Lets trow in some pics and hopefully you will enjoy them.
    You have all heard this before, but the pics "really" do NOT do justice to the perfection and smoothness.

• The AR CC edition is only made as a full custom knife.

The hand flamed Ti side and tiger striping really got my attention at first.
    Once in my hand, I also feel the smoothness, the nice slim profile.
    No need to summarize all excellent details, it is all perfect to me !!

The weather was too bad to shoot outdoor photo's, so this looks a bit sober.
    As so often, the pictures absolutely do no justice to what this knife is in real.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,
    Wouter

• Number C0037 to be precise... :D

For those who know some about the Strider (SMF) Knives history; no introduction needed.
    For those who do not know but want to learn: Strider MARSOC SMF

To me (and I am not on my own) "The SMF" of "All SMF's", is a DET 1.
    A true Icon in knife history to me, and next June this baby will have her 10th birthday.

Many, maybe even a few thousands (?) SMF's have been made over the years.
    There is only "one" C0037, one of the very first SMF's ever, how F*ing cool.

The DET1 knives are very rare and mostly circulate within the a small group of Striderholics.
    The green pouch is also the original pouch the SMF was sold with.

It's razor sharp, it's flawless, dead centered, strongest detent I even had on a SMF.
    Flaming, striping, all done by hand... guess who did this?
    The LBS was most certainly not needed on this beauty, stiff and solid like a rock.

Marine Corps Special Operations Command

Detachment One

Serial number

Marine unit's activation date: June the 20th, 2003

Thanks for looking,
    Wouter

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SERE ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!