Good winter jacket?

• Hello from Croatia!

So,I am looking for a good winter jacket. Right now I have 3 choices:
    1.Carinthia MIG
    2.Tasmanian Tiger Arizona
    3. 5.11 5in1/3in1

Only issue with Carinthia is that is not rly waterproof. Maybe it's not that big problem,since I will be using jacket in town 95% of the time,so I wont be standing in rain for hours if it does rain.
    Here in Croatia I can only try 5.11 jackets,since we don't have dealers for TT or Carinthia. And I have read that TT is quite big,I wear XL size(I am 190cm high and 83kg heavy),so I would have to order L size,although I am not sure about sleeves length. I don't want jacket to be too baggy on me.

So what do you thing,which one of those is maybe best to take? Any other recommendations perhaps?

Tnx! :)

Sorry for posting in English,aber meine Deutsch is nicht gut.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Fallen ()

• I use the 5.11 3in1 Parka.
    It's a really comfy an warm jacket (too warm with the inner fleece jacket in my opinion).
    Rainproof, breathable and not too hevy! Also loads of pockets for your stuff! :thumbup:
    And you can also zip-in the 5.11 Chameleon Softshell Jacket in place of the fleece jacket. Fit's perfect!

• I like the TT Arizona very much !

Don't know if you can actually read this review, but if you can, you will see that it confirms the fact that the TT Arizona turns out to be a little oversized.

Regards,

Michael

"Alles was gegen die Natur ist, hat auf Dauer keinen Bestand."
    Charles Darwin (1809-1882)

• Hi fallen, welcome. I see, posting does work now.

To answer your question. I do have the Carinthia HIG 2.0 (not MIG) and I am satisfied with it. The HIG is warmer than the MIG and you can store the hood in the collar. I do also have aThe North Face All Terrain Triclimate Jacket, it is also very good quality.

Here a short review about the Carinthia HIG 2.0

And that ist the Gore Tex The North Face All Terrain Triclimate Jacket

MfG, Joachim
    Nachrichten bitte per E-Mail.

• yea,I have. This is what worry's me. Guy there said that he is 180cm/96kg,and that L size was to wide for him. I am 190/83,and was looking for L. But if it was too wide for him,it will definitely be too big for me :(

@JB
    I dunno would HIG be too much for me. So when outside is -15 Celsius,and you wear it. What do you have underneath,T shirt :P ?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Fallen ()

• moin,
    Denis ich möchte dich als erstes mal bitten das zu übersetzen. und in zukunft bitte entweder in deutsch oder englisch schreiben. sonst haben wir mods ein problem.

Tacticalforum Verhaltenskodex

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!" Brother, life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forgive the ones who don't just because you can. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Take a few minutes to think before you act when you're mad. Forgive quickly. God never said life would be easy, He just promised it would be worth it.

• Wäre auch im Interesse aller anderen, die hier vielleicht mithelfen wollen.
    So kann man nicht erkennen, was Du vorgeschlagen hast.

Also bitte entweder Deutsch oder Englisch :)
    Danke!

• When you compare Carinthia to your North Face jacket,what would be advantages/disadvantages?

That is not easy to decide. The Nortface jacket is of good quality, but not of that good quality that my old Vaude Jacket was.
    But to give an answer, the Carinthia keeps very warm, even when it has -10° Celsius, the carinthia is extremly light weight und very comfortable to wear. I do have the carinthia since last jannuary and it gives the sence of top quality. It is not 100% water resistant, but till now that was not a disadvantage, because at that cold temperature I have worn it, it did not rain ever.

The Carinthia has that "tactical apperance" I like.

MfG, Joachim

• I'm a satisfied owner of a MIG 2.0 Jacket since last winter, for me it always was warm enough with only a t-shirt as baselayer, no extra underwear needed.
    Never had any kind of water intrusion even when I wore it for hours during snowfalls or rain.

I'm 183cm/84kg an the "L" works fine for me, not too tight and not too loose, the MIG 2.0 has a lot of usefull pockets and I like the tactical look.
    If you can understand some german, please refer to these threads: Was habt ihr heute bekommen, was morgen? Nr. 6 and Carinthia MIG Jacket
    And here something from the manufacturer: http://www.military-sleeping-bags.com/migjacket.html

Instinctively, most people retreat from threats - Fortunately, the best among us confront them

• I am thinking that Carinthia might be best choice. I mean,last winter,only thing I wore was my Jack wolfskin softshell,when it was colder,I would put fleece underneath to keep me warm,so in case it rains,I can just take my softshell!
    I would just need to decide should I take MIG or HIG,hmmmm

• The MIG was warm enough for me in the austrian alps, so I guess it will bei warm enoug for croatia ;)
    On the other side, the HIG is designed to keep you warm for hours and hours despite extremely cold temperatures, but when was the last time you were out there for hours at temperatures of -20°C or so...?

I love my MIG 2.0, it's not too baggy, fits perfectly and kept my warm the whole last winter and I never wore more undergear than a T-Shirt. :thumbup:

Instinctively, most people retreat from threats - Fortunately, the best among us confront them

• The HIG is warmer, than the MIG. You have to know, what you need.

The HIG has the possibility be stowe the hood in the collar, the hood of the MIG is fixed externally.
    The side pokets of the MIG are mounted in a high position so that you can use the pokets when you wear a harness like military does. The sidepokets of the HIG are positioned lower, so that I can warm my hands inside these pokets.
    Sorry for my weak English, but I hope you can understand, what I want to explain. :S

MfG, Joachim

• well,I will use jacket 95% of the time in city,so I guess I won't be exposed to extreme cold temperatures :p . Unless in next few years winters become -20/25 Celsius :D which I doubt they will.
    Hood outside collar isn't a problem for me,since most of my jackets have it that way. Yea,only pockets seem kinda strangely placed ?( But mostly,I only use pockets to put my gloves and cap inside,so it isn't that big issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!