New Strider Prototype with Bearing Pivot.

• Hello guys.

I don't know if you have seen this new prototype in the case you have not I think its nice to see it:

http://www.ebosshoss.com/trade…e-wnew-bearing-pivot-1071

May be in the future Strider will change the pivot, I think it will be hard but like everything, new things have to come out.
    My opinion is that they are trying to make it harder for the IKBS bearing system to find its place in the market.

Hope you all have a great day.

I excuse my self for not writing in German, may be in the next future.

Cabra.

• I think that this new press fit pivot looks too clean for these knives. I love the brutal industrial look of the common pivot screw.

Wer seine Waffen zu Pflugscharen schmiedet, der wird für jene pflügen, die dies nicht getan haben.

“We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” -- Ronald Reagan

• I don't know, I will like to have it in my hands to try it, it will be great to handle that thing.

By the way, what do you guys think about the price? kind of crazy aren't they? :surprise: :knueppel:

Please guys, feel free to write in German! this is your forum not mine :thumbup:

• I really like the idea of a press fit pivot screw on a knife, but I dissaprove of the way the rest of the knife is assembled. If you cannot disassemble it, why would you put screws on it? It would have been easy to at least install press fit rods for the handle as well. Ok, it's just a prototype :) If Strider made a massive titanium handle production framelock folder, i'd be buying.

By the way: As long as you don't write in german, we'll write in english ;) That's ok.

• Ok DANKE, jetz vilight du kann versthen warum ich nicht in Deutsch schribe....jajaja I bet not 10% of that is correct!

Any way, yes that is right about the titanium handle, but if a Strider SMF costs from 350,- to what ever you can imagine, what will a full titanium will cost? this does not mean I will not buy it. I love Strider and have some of their knives but some times it makes me think why are they so expensive.

I don't know what you guys think but I like to be able to disassemble my knives, for Strider I had to buy the "special" tool for the pivot. And now what if the change the knifes, do I have to buy my self special extractors and a special press so I don't leave "marks" all over the knife?

Any way just some ideas, I like the new prototype.

• this does not mean I will not buy it. I love Strider and have some of their knives but some times it makes me think why are they so expensive.

Denk mal drüber nach. Most people don't buy several knives of one company, they get a pocket knife and that's it. So in fact, if Strider produces overpriced knives, you can blame yourself :D I have Striders, too, but only fixed ones I got relatively cheap (and still it was too much, but that's ok). The folders always have those flaws I don't like, like the screws on this one.
    It's a knife that is not supposed to be disassembled, so you don't need to worry about the tools. I also think Striders policy is going to change concerning their pivots. They have already changed their warranty for that.

• I think, if it is done 100% accurately, this is a great pivot!!!
    but, if you have a slight tolerances, you normally would simply adjust the pivot screw, you have to send it in.

This press fit pivot, will not be adjustable, by oneself, I guess...

Just my 2 cents

But the knife is awesome...

• I think they step away from their core business... making tools

it will be possible to change the bearings but with a lot of effort

prying will be out of the question because these sealed bearing aren't made to take these kind of force from the sides and if you do it anyway you'll get slackness in the bearings,
    and there's no way you can adjust these bearing

you can send it in to get it repaired but who knows how long that is going to take

their pivot now is so k.i.s.s. still a double hex pivot would be even better but it's like this with american engineering, there are always some corners to cut

the whole things looks good somehow but it doesn't do nothing to me, besides that all these fancy ass grinds and funny pictures on the blades and now this

well, we'll see where they are headed and one should remember that most Strider fanboys don't buy Strider because the do cut so marvelous... it is rather the aura of something or so I am told

don't get me wrong I owned serveral Strider knives and will buy two this year, still I don't see the sense in sealed bearings on a knife on such a short distance it doesn't make any sense at least from the p.o.v. of mechanical engineering

Lasse Dich nie für eine Agenda gegen jemanden einspannen, der Dir nie ein Leid getan hat.

• Real talk!

I dont see it as well. but we'll see. Strider's were made to be hard and though now if they can't keep with that... there's a problem.

May be they want to keep selling the nice looking "collectors" stuff, don't you think? :geld: :geld: (don't get me wrong here, I have some Strider collectors stuff but they are hard stuff :thumbup: )

• It's a 3500 $ knife. I don't know who'd carry that knife to use at work or field?! I hope they stick to the bull pivot design, works great and can be adjusted by the user.
    There's the fancy strider collectors stuff that I can't afford anyway and the rough build users we all like to carry and abuse. It's all good! ^^

• Just saw this new pivot, looks beautiful but I hope this wil stuck to customs only... I like being able to adjust and strip down my sng whenever I want :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!